Friday, January 19, 2024

Welcome to the Blog (Again)

After operating this blog for almost seven years, I think it's about time for a fresh start. Frankly, I've been busy trying to figure out just what direction this Nikkei_Simmer blog is going to go. Am I going to generalize and make it a strictly gaming blog and talk about new games that I might be interested in getting down the road? My main two games are The Sims 3 and Star Wars The Old Republic (an MMORPG).

My posts are now archived at Nikkei_Simmer Sims Archive and as such, that archive will be added to every month with the posts that accumulate over here. But I'm hoping that I can make these posts a lot more meaty than this one. For now, I'm hoping to go in-depth into searching out new games to play; mostly simulations (gotta keep to the theme of Nikkei_Simmer Sims) but branching out into new and other games.

The Sims 3 will always be my main game, but it's time to try new things...maybe better things. With life-simulation games such as Life By You (Paradox) and inZOI (a South Korean company who is creating a photo-realistic life-simulation game, the life-simulation game market is now heating up, which means that Electronic Arts is getting some serious competition for the life-simulation buyers' dollars. In a way that is a good thing. We'll see EA get off its ass and maybe make something that is tolerable to consumers.

Because the Sims 4 is not cutting it for me.

So far Life By You has got me interested...especially with their expansive customization options and the fact that they literally put the controls of how you want your game to develop right into your own hands. So if you're good with cc, you can plug everything you want into the game with the developer tools that they're putting into the game. That's going to mean this ol' boy at 53 is going to have to learn how to mesh.

inZOI is so photo-realistic, you'd think they were real people walking around in your computer monitor. I can't wait to see how this turns out. And what sort of facial creation features this game will have.

The future of life-simming is bright. In comparison to the games that we had when I was growing up, this is leaps and bounds above anything I could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment